Town, village, neighbourhood at Saint-Caradec-Trégomel
See photos (4)
- In 1387, the parish was known by the simple name of "Trégomel". It became "Saint-Caradec-en-Trégomel" in 1448. The origin of the patron saint who gave him his name remains obscure because there are several characters named like this. We can only note an origin across the Channel from the big island of Brittany. Saint-Caradec-Trégomel experienced an eventful period during the wars of the League in Brittany, in the 16th century. The royal armies and those of the Duke of Merceur, who disputed the place of Guémené, brought much suffering there. In addition, the bands of the fiery lord, but no less brigand, La Fontenelle pillaged and ravaged the country to the point of forcing the inhabitants to flee. In addition, in 1797, famine added to the plague contributed to the desertion of many villages. Life in Saint-Caradec-Trégomel is much more peaceful these days ...
- Picnic area